A college degree will help you bridge the space between your aspirations and living out your dreams, whether you want to travel the world, save lives, provide for your family or make an unforgettable difference in your community. That's why the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences offers more than $700,000 in additional scholarship monies each year to help students like you achieve your college goals. This is on top of the aid available from the University of Arizona.
As a CALS student, you're automatically eligible for nearly 200 scholarships reserved specifically for majors in our college. You don't have to have a perfect GPA either - you could qualify based on your campus and community involvement, personal background and experiences, or career goals. Award amounts vary each year but typically range from a few hundred to a few thousand dollars.
Apply by April 1 to Qualify
Log into Scholarship Universe to apply for many University of Arizona scholarships – including those offered in our college. Make sure to have your resume available for the application process. A current FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) is strongly recommended for all scholarship applications.
From there, it’s 5 easy steps to apply:
- Build your profile
- Find your scholarship matches under the “Scholarships” tab
- Select one or more of your eligible scholarships
- Complete the relevant scholarship applications, including the “CALS General Scholarship Application,” and upload your resume
- Click “Apply” and you’re done!
Need more help? Download our "how to apply" guide.
The application period for CALS scholarships is January – April of each year. The application deadline is April 1, 2018. If you receive a CALS scholarship, you’ll be notified during the summer via a hard-copy letter and an email to your official UA email account. CALS scholarships are awarded for the academic year only (fall and spring semester). If you're awarded a scholarship you'll be asked to write a thank you letter to the generous donor who funded your scholarship.
Download our tips for writing your thank you letter.
- Scholarship Questions? Contact Camille Andersen, Academic Programs Coordinator, email@example.com or 520-621-3612
- Need help building a resume? Visit the CALS Career Center online or in-person
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- UA Office of Scholarships & Financial Aid – Scholarships
- UA Office of Nationally Competitive Scholarships